Friday, August 26, 2011

New Thing #38: Shopping with Nan, Grandad and the Cousins

I have come to realize after observing both sets that it is a grandparent's privilege to spoil their grandchildren. Our LP are incredibly blessed to have two sets of grandparents that are forever doing thoughtful things for them, whether it is new jammies for a sleepover or making sure their favourite foods are in the house when we come over for a visit. Although they do not need to do any of these things because the LP are thrilled just to see them, I know the grandparents do it because they want to and they can. It is always appreciated, however.

Grandad and Nan were taking the cousins back-to-school shopping on Thursday and they invited us to come, too. They were exercising their Grandparent Right to Buy a New Outfit for cousins B and C. While the LP are obviously not ready to go to school just yet, Nan and Grandad wanted to make sure that they had new outfits, too. Because, you know, they are awesome like that.

Miss Fashionista was equally excited about new clothes as she was to see everyone. She was particularly happy to see Nan, since she wasn't with us yesterday. LP1 and the cousins were especially energetic and I feared for the store. Fortunately, I was able to corral LP1 and Cousin C and force them into a shopping cart. LP2 was happy to sit in the cart and walk around with Grandad. They were soon joined by Cousin B. Must be a guy thing...walk around the store and look at anything but clothes.

Nan, Cousin C, LP1 and I had fun picking out clothes. To be fair, Grandad and the boys joined us to give opinions and suggestions. It wasn't long before everyone was kitted out with adorable outfits. I think the cousins are going to look great for their first days back at school next month! The LP will also be rocking some great clothes in the weeks to come, too. I can't wait! LP1 will be in a grey-and-pink pants, Minnie Mouse shirt and striped hoodie set. LP2 will be sporting blue cargo pants, a very fun green shirt with a guitar and a plaid shirt with a black guitar shirt underneath. These are very similar to shirts Daddy likes. I do not want the weather to get cool because I want summer to last forever, but I know they are going to look great once fall does arrive.

When Daddy and I go grocery shopping, he often opens something in the store and shares a snack with the LP. I can see where he gets this from...Grandad found some fruit snacks and it wasn't long before LP1 and the cousins were into them. Like father, like son...and always appreciated by the recipients. I should add that they always pay for whatever is consumed, but I think it is a great way to keep little shoppers from melting down.

We browsed about the store for a little longer. Nan and Grandad also got LP2 a very cute dish set (and one that is very much needed), complete with sippy cup. I have been trying to interest him in a sippy cup but the ones we have in the house are more for LP1's age group. I think this new sippy might just do the trick!

As we were leaving, I was surprised to see that we had been in there for nearly an hour and a half. Time really does fly when you're having fun!

Thank you, Nan and Grandad for the new outfits! Can't wait for the LP to model them for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment